What Is The Medifast 5 & 1 Plan? The Consist Of Diet
The 5 & 1 Plan is the basis and primary of the Medifast weight loss program and it suit to women, men and diabetic. It aims to restrict calorie intake (between 800-1000 cals a day) and reach the goal weight. The plan provides six meals, the five meal are all available only through the Medifast company and you need to eat one every 2-3 hours. The sixth meal, which you can have at any time and it is a entree you prepare yourself. By doing this, the reduced calorie intake should encourage weight loss. Women can lost an average 2-4 pounds a week, men slightly faster and up to 5 pounds or more. Eating every 2-3 hours should ensure that food is more spread evenly throughout the day reducing the chance of dieters being hungry.
With over 70 tasty to choose from, your weight loss menu will never lack variety. Those prepackaged meals aren't microwavable, some of them are ready to eat right out of the box, and others just need to be mixed with a little water. Medifast Sample Menu & The Best Flavors
- The Bakery : Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies, Banana Muffins, Blueberry Pancakes, Brownies, Chocolate Cookies ...
- Shakes & Smoothies : Banana Chocolate Shake, Black Forest Shake, Iced Coffee Shake, Chocolate Cherry Smoothie ...
- Soups & Chili : Beef Stroganoff Soup, Chicken and Kale Soup, Broccoli Quiche Cups, Turkey Chili, Creole Chili ...
- Supplement Bars : Chocolate Divine, Crunchy Lemon, Oatmeal Raisin, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Mint, Double Berry ...
It is a entree which you can have at any time and you prepare yourself. A helpful Quick Start Guide is available on the Medifast website. This meal is made up of two basic components:
- A Form Of Lean Protein : Pork, Beef, Mutton, Turkey, Without A Skin Of Hen, Salmon, Tilapia, Flounder, Tuna, Tofu, Eggs.
The lean meat must be grilled, poached, or baked, but not fried since it contains fatty oil;
6-7 oz of meat are recommended for men and 4-5 oz for women;
For the vegetarian, the tofu is a very common choices. Eggs are another, you can have either fourteen egg whites or three whole eggs. Keep in mind the whole eggs are more fattening and you are limited to having them no more than once a week;
- Low-carb, Non-starchy Vegetables : Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Eggplant and Cabbage.
Make sure to avoid the high-carbohydrate vegetables : Carrots, Corn, Potatoes, Onions and Peas;
You can enjoy up to 2 cups of salad greens, with 1/2 cup of raw vegetables and 1-2 tablespoons of low-carb salad dressing.
OR 1-1/2 cups cooked vegetables.
It worth noting that : During the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan, the dieter eliminates fruits, dairy, and bread because of their high carbohydrate content. The dieter is also directed to drink at least 64 ounces of water per day and to limit the intake of other non-caloric liquids although additional non-caloric beverages are allowed. Coffee are limited to three per day and the alcoholic beverages are not recommended.