13 Common Side Effects Of Medifast - Problems From Ketosis
Problems From Ketosis
In the initial phase many people have complained of tiredness, irritability, nausea and weakness. It is due to your body go into a metabolic state called Ketosis in which your body is burning its own fat. When this happens, your body is working very hard and leads to some side effects. As your body adjusts, these symptoms will disappear leaving you energized and confident.
2. Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Fatigue
- If you feel dizzy, lightheaded, or extra tired, try having an extra Medifast soup or a bouillon or a shake.
- Make sure to keep well hydrated and have medications monitored while doing the program.
- Please contact your physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms after your first week on the program.
Headache is a common occurring side effect in the first week. This is a result of getting into the fat-burning state.
- Tylenol or aspirin can help relieve pain symptoms.
- Make sure to get in at least 64-ounces of water.
- You should not experience a headache beyond week 1 of the program.
4. Bad Breath
As your body metabolizes fat stores, the ketone by-products can cause a slight breath odor, usually referred to as a sweet or metallic taste.
- Individuals can use up to 5 pieces of either sugar-free gum or mints to help get rid of the taste.
- Sugar-free Listerine strip may help.
- Make sure to brush teeth well.